- 0 kr
Sri Lankan Beef & Tamarind CurryCuisine: Indian
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or butter)
- 1kg beef (skirt or blade), cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chillies
- 4 teaspoons Sri Lankan curry powder
- 7.5cm piece cinnamon bark
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste dissolved in 8 tablespoons hot water
- 1 can coconut milk
Sri Lankan Beef & Tamarind Curry Recipe
Melt ghee in large saucepan and seal beef on high heat and set aside.
Reduce heat to moderate and saute the onion, garlic and ginger until onion is transparent.
Add turmeric, crushed red chillies and Sri Lankan Curry Powder, cook for 1 minute, then add the beef again together with the cinnamon, salt, curry leaves and strained tamarind water. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
Add coconut milk and continue cooking, uncovered, until meat is tender on a low simmer. If liquid evaporates too much, then add a little water.